I'm on a Podcast!
Some colleagues created the website 101 podcast for small business owners who want to learn more about running and optimizing their website. In this episode I talk with Sean and Mike about how to talk with your web developer.
Topics covered include:
- How much does a website cost?
- Think about what you want from your website
- How to measure success of a website
- Have realistic expectations
- Not all feature requests are equal
- Free isn't free!
- Agree on how you'll communicate throughout the project. Good communication is crucial.
- What constitutes an emergency?
- How to tell a developer "something's broken!"
- What platforms will your website support?
- "Make the logo bigger" - Provide objectives, not solutions.